Welcome to the RM of Cambria No. 6 situated in southeast Saskatchewan.
RM of Cambria History
1935 Assessment: $2,804,014
2019 Assessment: $299,376,400
Settlers began moving into the area as early as 1902 and began the homesteader process. A large population moved in the year of 1905. In the fall of 1909 steps were taken to organize the Municipality and an election was held to elect a reeve and six councillors. The first council was elected for a one year term and included: Harry Schnell, John Holoway, James Sawyer, Ben Johnson, George Dukart, Louis O, Dale and Axel Vinge. The first council meeting was held in early spring of 1910 at Maple View School. The municipal office was originally located in Outram and moved to Torquay in 1915. The 1910 tax rate was 5 cents an acre.